Hello, I am back. Wufta, these last 10 months since Jovie’s birth have been a whirlwind.  Here is a little of what we have been up to: Had Jovie, bought a house, sold our house, remodeled our new house, got postpartum depression again, baseball season started again, moved with little kids, got situated in our new house, and then summer came and went.  I am thankful to get into a routine and start working on my blog more.

First things first, Jovie’s birth story.  I love to write the girl’s birth stories because I loved reading other people’s birth stories while I was pregnant, 2nd I love to go back and read them for myself.  One day I am going to print off all of my blogs as a little reminder of what these years were like.

So lets go back 10 months ago right before I had Jovie.  It was right before Halloween and that weekend we went to my mom’s to carve pumpkins and hang out.  Travis stayed home to work on the shower in the our master bathroom.  The shower had been leaking for awhile, but then started to leak through the wall into Emmy’s bedroom closet aka new baby’s bedroom. So Travis  had our bathroom, Emmy’s closet, and the wall in between the closet and our bathroom ripped apart. Saturday went by with zero contractions.  I was so ready for this baby to come so I tried to stay active so I wouldn’t obsess about when he/she would arrive.  At the time we did not know if it was a girl or boy.  On Sunday we went to church as usual and Trav continued to work on the house.  I was a little stressed that our house was a mess and the bathroom was tore apart and the new baby’s room had a hole in the closet and water all over the carpet.  Thankfully after church I got the house cleaned up and Travis finally got the shower fixed. By 9:00 P.M. the whole house was all cleaned up.  I sat down to watch a show with Travis with still no contractions or anything exciting going on.  The next day was my due date and this would be my first baby that made it to his/her due date.   I am pretty sure I had always heard that the more babies you have the earlier they come, or I was hoping that. 😉 I got ready for bed and went to lay down when I remembered that I had forgot to go to the bathroom.  If any of you reading this have been pregnant you know you want to go to the bathroom as many times as you can before bed, so you don’t have to wake up a zillion times to go at night.

Anywho, I went to the bathroom when all of sudden I was pretty sure my water broke, but I wasn’t 100 percent sure because it was different than when my water broke with Kenna.  With Kenna, there was a loud pop and a lot of water.  This time it was little bit of water and it would come when I sat down, but as soon as I stood up nothing.

I went downstairs and told Travis that I think my water broke.  He didn’t understand why I wasn’t sure, but I have heard way too many stories of women thinking their water broke only to find out they just peed their pants and I didn’t want that to be me.  He convinced me to call the doctor, who told me I should come in.  We called my step mom to come watch the girls.  I didn’t want to wake them up and move them around in the middle of the night, especially if it was a false alarm.  So we ended up leaving our house at 11:30 p.m. and on the way to the hospital I was absolutely positive my water broke and was very happy that I had brought a towel to sit on, but still no contractions. So we just walked into the hospital excited to have a baby.  They couldn’t fully admit me until the test results came back that my water had broken. Finally at midnight the results came in and sure enough my water broke.  I texted my step mom that we were staying.  We also texted my family that we were at the hospital.  Usually my family members come to the hospital when I am in labor, but since I am usually in labor for a really long time and I hadn’t had one contraction they told me to just call them when I was getting close.  lol.

Since I was not having contractions they gave me the option of starting pitocin or waiting to see if the contractions would start on their own. I opted for the pitocin because I was already wide awake and wanted to get this show on the road. There was no way I was going to be able to sleep.  They started pitocin around 12:45 A.M.  The nurse said it could take awhile and recommended we rest.  Travis fell asleep immediately, lol Men, but I just sat there and played on my phone and around 2:30 A.M. the contractions were starting to pick up pretty quickly so I woke up Travis. The contractions weren’t terrible, but I needed someone to distract me from the pain.  The Nurse came in and asked if I wanted an epidural, I knew I was going to get one, but I didn’t want to get one too early incase it would stall labor.  It takes an hour to get the bag of fluids before the epidural so we decided to start the process.  After that things happened pretty fast.  That hour was absolutely terrible, I was sweating, crying, nauseous, and thought I was going to die.   Once the fluids were in the nurse did one final check to see what I was dialated too.  She looked shocked and told me she thought I was complete.  Trav and I couldn’t believe it because usually it takes forever to have babies.  She went to get the other nurse to double check and that nurse told me I was only at a 5.5. cm. SAY WHAT?  You just told me I was complete and now you are telling me I am only half way, someone bring me that Anesthesiologist.  The Anesthesiologist entered and he started to get my back prepared.  They had the epidural hooked up and told me to lay down so that the medicine could spread.  I was still in a ton of pain, but a different kind of pain. I told them I thought sometime was wrong, so the nurse went to check how far dilated I was and sure enough the baby’s head was right there and ready to come out.  The doctor rushed in and two pushes and we had a brand new beautiful baby girl.   🙂  It was crazy.  We had a baby in 2 hours.  I called my family and no one answered because it was 4:30 in the morning.

Finally when morning rolled around they called me back and I was like ummm well we just had a baby.  Everyone was in shock of how fast it went. The next nurse on shift came in and was like I heard you had your baby natural, that is so wonderful.  I told her that it wasn’t on purpose and as soon as I got the epidural, the baby already had made up her mind that she was coming out.

It was crazy and I am so glad that I finally sat down to write it and go over those memories again.  As for Jovie,  she is the happiest and sweetest baby.  I am beyond blessed with my three healthy little girls.  Where does the time go???

img_8123-1FullSizeRender (10)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s